- Here at AMR Norfolk , we’re dedicated to providing you the most professional, friendly, and efficient service possible. Our mission statement, shown below, embodies the attitude we strive to bring to every interaction we take part in.
- AMR Norfolk is a multispecialty investigative site located in Downtown Norfolk, Virginia. Our ability to provide quality research is the principle upon which Clinical Research Associates of Tidewater was built. We are recognized by the industry for our experience and commitment towards meeting the challenges of research development with visions and goals for future advancement.
- Our Medical Director, Duane Wombolt, M.D. is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology and is a Professor of Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Dr. Wombolt has been conducting various phases of clinical research trials since 1974. Other Investigative Staffs have varied practices in Internal Medicine, Gynecology, Dermatology, Podiatry, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Allergy, Immunology, Orthopedics, and Psychiatry.
- Our research staff is comprised of experienced Certified Research Coordinators who have over 63 combined years of research experience. If you are a physician and are interested in clinical research, give us a call and we will be glad to talk with you and your staff.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
If you have any questions about this Notice of Privacy Practices, please contact our Privacy Officer: Edith M. Wombolt 400 Gresham Drive, 402 Medical Tower Norfolk, VA 23507 Phone: (757) 627-7446 Fax: (757) 624-1121 This is a summary of our Notice of Privacy Practices. Please review the full Notice of Privacy Practices located in the document holder noted below.
Your Rights: You have the right to:
- Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
- Correct your paper or electronic medical record
- Request confidential communications
- Ask us to limit the information we share
- Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information
- Get a copy of our full Notice of Privacy Practices
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
Your Choices: You have some choices in how we use and share information as we:
- Tell family and friends about your condition
- Provide disaster relief
- Provide mental health care
- Market our services and sell your information
- Engage in fundraising activities
Our Uses and Disclosures: We may use and share your information as we:
- Manage your care
- Run our organization
- Bill for your services
- Help with public health and safety issues
- Do research
- Comply with the law
- Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
- Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
- Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
Our Programs & Certifications
- American Heart Association Certification for Standards and Techniques of Blood Pressure Measurements
- IATA trained staff for the shipment of hazardous materials
- Comprehensive SOPs
- CLIA waived laboratory
- Certificate for certified provider-performed microscopy procedures
- Certified Principal Investigator (CPI)
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinators
- Certified Smoke Cessation Coordinators
- All staff CPR certified
- NIH certified staff
- Federalwide Assurance Number (FWA)
- GDUFA Self-Identified
Our site is clean and inviting, and we’re constantly adding new equipment and work spaces to provide the most optimal research experience possible. Please take a moment to look through the below pictures to see what we have to offer.
Our Research Staff
Management & Staff
Duane G. Wombolt, MD, FACP, CPI President Dr. Wombolt is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology, is a Professor of Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School, and is a Certified Physician Investigator. He has been conducting various phases of clinical research trials since 1974. He is a lecturer for numerous continuing medical education programs sponsored by the nation’s leading pharmaceutical manufacturers. He recently retired as the founding and senior member of the first Nephrology practice in the Tidewater area. Dr. Wombolt also founded and served as the Medical Director of both public and private dialysis facilities.
Other Staff Our site staff consist of two physicians, one nurse practitioner, of five full-time research coordinators, two full-time research assistants, two full-time subject recruiters, a dedicated regulatory document specialist, budget and contract administrator, and an administrative assistant. Together, they have over 75 Years Combined Clinical Research Experience!!!
- An extensive network of multi-therapeutic investigators with practices in Allergy, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Immunology, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Podiatry, and Psychiatry/Psychology
- Two Clinical Research Physicians
- One certified nurse practitioner
- Diabetic Educator
- Registered Dietician
- Site Manager Business
- Site Manager Clinical
- Marketing Coordinator
- Two Subject Recruiters
- One Regulatory Document Specialist
- Five full-time Clinical Research Coordinators
- Two Research Assistants
- Coordinators are ACRP certified